Wednesday, November 28, 2018

We're soon getting an EPL to connect our two sites. Need advice on a few things.

Good afternoon, fellas,

I'm sysadmin for a company with two offices. Both sites are currently running on a 100down/30up cable service (not ideal, I know), tunnelled via IPSec between the two sites.

We're upgrading, after the holiday, to an EPL 100Mbps between the two sites, along with a 100Mbps symetrical fiber internet, and a secondary internet fiber at the second office for redundancy (so that if the head office goes down, the second office can continue working). Both sites have Sonicwall TZ500 firewalls.

I'm currently doing research on the best way to configure all this, and I have a few questions :

  • Anyone else had that same configuration? How did you handle it?

  • The EPL is point-to-point, so I guess like a single patch cord between the two firewalls, but should I still encrypt the traffic between the two?

  • Is there a specific way to go about routing the internet, whether through priority or metrics, so that if the head office firewall goes down, the remote office switches to the local internet link?

  • I've read on IPSec over GRE, should this apply in my case?

Thank you in advance for your help!



No comments:

Post a Comment