Thursday, November 1, 2018

Web Site Activity Tracking

I recently configured my router to use OpenDNS and I was shocked in reviewing the logs. There is so much activity coming out of my home. Then again, we have smart TVs, Rokus, multiple mobile devices, multiple home and work computers, Sonos, Phillips Hue, Google Home - the list goes on. So, maybe it isn't that surprising. I would really like to map all those domains to IP addresses to understand what is going on, and to make sure the kids are behaving, but you can't do that with OpenDNS. I tried configuring my router, and the logging worked, but it only stores a ridiculous 256 lines before the log starts writing over itself. What other options do I have? Is there software I can install on 1 PC that will monitor all traffic on the LAN and report domains by IP?



No comments:

Post a Comment