Friday, November 23, 2018

Wanting to fill gaps in my networking knowledge

Hi All,

​

I have been working in IT for just over 4 years now which is crazy because a month before that time having started my first ever IT job, I didn't even know what a server was and can happily say I am glad to have come this far and know what I know now!

​

However, I must admit that my knowledge of networking isn't what I feel it should be as I haven't been exposed to networking as much as I have other aspects of IT e.g. AD, servers, data security, scripting, databases etc. And I wanted to know how i can start learning and understanding networking better when it comes to corporate environments and how you guys got started and what helped you understand and learn things along the way.

​

The more I learn about IT and network infrastructures as a whole, the more I begin to understand the importance of networking and how in my opinion it is the most important part of IT and if you are a champion at say configuring network equipment such as firewalls/switches/routers and understanding DNS for example that it will make troubleshooting any issue a whole lot easier.

​

Im open to learning from any medium be it books, courses, youtube videos etc so anything you guys can recommend is much appreciated and thanks in advance!

​

​



No comments:

Post a Comment