Friday, November 23, 2018

Wanting to fill gaps in my networking knowledge

Hi All,

I have been working in IT for just over 4 years now which is crazy because a month before that time having started my first ever IT job, I didn't even know what a server was and can happily say I am glad to have come this far and know what I know now!

However, I must admit that my knowledge of networking isn't what I feel it should be as I haven't been exposed to networking as much as I have other aspects of IT e.g. AD, servers, data security, scripting, databases etc. And I wanted to know how i can start learning and understanding networking better when it comes to corporate environments and how you guys got started and what helped you understand and learn things along the way.

The more I learn about IT and network infrastructures as a whole, the more I begin to understand the importance of networking and how in my opinion it is the most important part of IT and if you are a champion at say configuring network equipment such as firewalls/switches/routers and understanding DNS for example that it will make troubleshooting any issue a whole lot easier.

Im open to learning from any medium be it books, courses, youtube videos etc so anything you guys can recommend is much appreciated and thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment