Saturday, November 3, 2018

trying to repair a EZVIZ security PoE camera, odd Ethernet color scheme

long story short - I am trying to repair an Ethernet security camera where the camera connections got wet. My Plan is to do the following:

Cut the female end off of this and replace with a standard RJ-45 end. Then use a coupler and connect the repaired section to the old standard Ethernet cable.

The problem I am running into when I cut that security camera female cable, the ethernet color scheme is different, can someone help me map these colors to the standard ethernet cable colors. I did some internet sleuthing and i think I may have figured it out, but looking for a second opinion.

Standard Ethernet camera wires
White-orange orange
orange yellow
White-green green
blue purple
white-blue gray
green blue
white-brown white
brown brown


No comments:

Post a Comment