Thursday, November 22, 2018

Playing with CSR1000 in the lab; Looking for a sample config showing VXLAN and EVPN using BGP as control plane

Assume I have 
(two lan interfaces)R1----R2---R3(two lan interfaces)

R1 has two LAN interfaces each one connected to a vlan (vlan 100 and vlan 200)

R3 has two LAN interfaces each one connected to a vlan (vlan 100 and vlan 200)

The target is to bridge the two vlans 100 and 200,across R1,R2,R3

Here is a similar config but using muticast for host reachability and only one vlan 

https://www.packet-forwarding.net/?s=BGP+EVPN

If this would be in the Data Center I know that I have to associate the vlans to their VNIs and then associate the VNIs to the the NVE
Since vlans can't be defined on the CSR I guess I have to create a bridge but I can't figure out how to associate that with the NVE. I am getting an error like below

bridge-domain 3
member vni 6000
member GigabitEthernet4 service-instance 3
member GigabitEthernet5 service-instance 3
interface GigabitEthernet4
no ip address
negotiation auto
no mop enabled
no mop sysid
cdp enable
service instance 3 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 100
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet5
no ip address
negotiation auto
no mop enabled
no mop sysid
cdp enable
service instance 3 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 200
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
interface nve1
no ip address
source-interface Loopback0
host-reachability protocol bgp
no mop enabled
no mop sysid

CSR3(config)#int nve 1 CSR3(config-if)#member vni 6000 %Host-reachability protocol bgp is already enabled for the NVE interface,so not allowed to configure L2DP VNIs

This seems to be a SP topic and I am out of my domain here



No comments:

Post a Comment