Friday, November 30, 2018

OpenVPN

I have a Mikrotik routerboard rb951g-2hnd

This are my network configuration. I have two bridges.. Bridge one for all my Ethernet and WLan

And bridge 2 for my guest Wifi

Each bridge as a DHCP server and IP address range.

My router is behind a private IP subnet and as such, I can't access my router and devices from the internet.

I hosted an OPENVPN service on cloud.

I am able to connect my other devices (mobile phone and laptop) to the openvpn server in cloud.

These are my challenges.

I was able to configure my router as an OpenVPN client on the interface, and you could see that it's connected.

So 1) how can I route some specific traffic through the VPN i.e maybe allow my Guest wifi on bridge 2 to connect through the VPN while everything on bridge 1 remains the same.

2) how can I access my router configurations (winbox, webui ssh) and network devices on my router (NAS, server) through the VPN from the internet? Since all my mobile phone and laptop are connected to the same OpenVPN server as the router.



No comments:

Post a Comment