Sunday, November 18, 2018

Networking career with certificates but without a bachelor's degree?

Hello,

I'm Victor (I live in Romania, willing to relocate and work in any EU country) and I need to find out if pursuing a career in networking with certificates but without a bachelor's degree is actually possible.

​

Questions:

  • Will people even consider hiring me as a Network Engineer without a bachelor's degree? (please let me know in which country you work so I can get a better idea about the job market)
  • Will I be able to advance and obtain better paid job positions in this field without a bachelor's degree or will I be stuck in a mediocre position regardless of number of certifications?

​

Long story short:

  • Attempted Automatic Control & Computer Engineering university, flunked out because of the high level of math (I come from an Economics themed high school where they only teach basic level math).
  • After flunking out I worked for 1 year as a networking assistant for a relative's company until I figured out what I want to do next.

​

Currently I am getting close to obtaining my CCNA certification.

I enjoy what I'm learning here and I'm thinking of obtaining more certifications in order to advance up the certification ladder (CCNP, CCIE, etc).

​

Thank you for reading my post.



No comments:

Post a Comment