Saturday, November 3, 2018

Linksys AC1200 Cloud Manager and VLANs | Please help (thanks)

Hello,

Currently I am testing a Linksys AC1200 Cloud Manager. The setup went smoothly but I want to ensure that everything works as expected before installing such a device at a client's office.

I did notice that my Ruckus R510 access point in my lab works excellent with VLANs.

I just added the AC1200 Access Point and setup a SSID with my tagged GuestNET VLAN (VLAN 900). Unfortunately I did notice that my connected test guest devices receive an IP address for VLAN 1 instead of VLAN 900.

I did double check the settings and noticed the TCP/IP settings of the AC1200 access point. There is a field where I can set a tagged VLAN and an untagged VLAN. Even after changing tagged to 900 and untagged to 1 the clients still are on the wrong subnet.

It puzzels me... so I decided to go ahead - remove any switches - and connect the AC1200 directly to the LAN port of my firewall where the VLANs are correctly configured. That should work... but unfortunately - it still does not work as expected.

Just plugged my Ruckus R510 in and checked the guest devices by connecting to the R510. These devices are on the correct subnet now...

Has anyone tried this Linksys AC1200 device with VLANs? I just does not work as expected for me. I think I did check all settings but I can't find anything wrong with my configuration.

VLAN1 = subnet 172.16.16.0 /22
VLAN900 = subnet 10.254.254.0 /24

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment