Friday, November 30, 2018

Is SonicWall even relevant anymore?

I'm a bit new to the networking world (CCNA level), and I've been working with Palo Altos, ASAs, Merakis, etc for the past 2 years. I joined a smaller MSP who had a lot of SonicWalls deployed.

Am I just missing something with them? The pricing for one of them seems pretty hefty. They just don't seem all that special, and the interface just feels so unintuitive. We got a quote for a SonicWall, and it was more expensive than the equivalent Meraki, which IMO for uncomplicated clients, is better in almost every way (minus the no VPN client).

I just hear a lot of people swear by them and "They're great once you get used to them", and I just don't see it. Is it just the young punk in me that dislikes them? I don't see why I would pick a SonicWall over Palo Alto/Meraki/Fortinet.



No comments:

Post a Comment