Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Internet connection in a student apartment

Helle everyone

As this is my first post on this subreddit, and I do not have a big knowledge about networking and computer programming in general, you can consider me as a computer noobie :).

I'll sketch my current network status and the situation I live in: I live in a student studio in a big building together with 18 other students. There is a general modem, which is connected to all the studio's via LAN. So if the student want to have WIFI, they should buy an acces point (like 80% has done).

Now, my problem: when I wake up and I start my Macbook, and want to listen to Spotify for example, I do not have an internet connection. In order to listen to Spotify, I either have to turn off my internet on my macbook and turn it on again, or I have to renew the DHCP-lease in the advanced internet settings. I also have to reconnect my internet on my PS4 everyday, in order to play online.

Is there a way I can solve this problem? It isn't that big of a deal, but I would like to solve it anyway.

Thanks in advance!

William



No comments:

Post a Comment