Saturday, November 17, 2018

Fresh core stack of 3850's, fresh client access stacks of 2920's - how to get port-channel/lacp/lag and spanning tree to work nicely between them?

Hi,

this is my first time setting up stacks of core and client access switches, and I want to get it right

what's the easiest way to connect two 10Gb ports from each HP stack, to two 10Gb ports on the Cisco stack? if it was all Cisco I'd use port-channel active, but on the HP side I've seen talk of "trunk/trk" , "bridge-interface" , and "lacp", what's the best way to get them to play nice and have 20Gb throughput along with redundancy?

Also, I've read about so many different kinds of spanning tree implementations on both the cisco and HP side that I can't figure out which mode will work between them - any recommendations on the commands I would use on both the Cisco and HP side to make them play nice?

Thanks for any suggestions you have!



No comments:

Post a Comment