Thursday, November 8, 2018

Enterprise network forward proxy design

Hi all,

A bit of background. I work in Healthcare in the UK as a network engineer. This is my first senior networking position.

We have a mid to large, enterprise, Cisco based network with a connection to a private Healthcare network, another to the internet and around 20 remote sites connected over the private network with IP VPNs. I'm in the midst of an edge firewall redesign and deploy and got to thinking about our forward proxy. Currently we are using a Trend appliance which is on the internal LAN.

My thoughts are this device really ought to be on our DMZ that faces the internet but I can't find any good resources or network diagrams/designs with this level of detail.

Are there any good resources, blogs to give me ideas? How are you guys doing your forward proxying?

Thanks in advance for any replies.



No comments:

Post a Comment