Friday, November 30, 2018

Cisco SG350 privilege levels

Hi Guys,

I'm quite used to Cisco IOS but haven't done a huge amount with the SG series.

On our IOS switches we generally create a privilege level and limit what commands it can execute.

However, while reading about the SG350's I have come across the following:

​

Manual:

Read/Limited Write CLI Access (7)—User cannot access the GUI, and can only

access some CLI commands that change the device configuration. See the CLI

Reference Guide for more information.

​

CLI Reference Guide:

Level 7

Users with this level can run commands in the User EXEC mode

and a subset of commands in the Privileged EXEC mode. Users at this level

cannot access the web GUI.

​

What isn't overly clear is whether I can customise a privilege level as I can with IOS and choose a specific set of commands.

Has anyone done this on the SG350 series?

I'd also be interested as to what "subset" of commands level 7 can use as this doesn't appear to be expanded on in the manual.



No comments:

Post a Comment