Thursday, November 29, 2018

Cisco Networking - AP - WLC - VLANs

Hello,

I'm not really at home with Cisco, but do have advance network knowledge, so better to ask someone who knows not to make a mess :)

My current setup:

PoE switch - WS-C2960X-24PS-L
40 APs - AIR-AP1810W-E-K9
WLC 2500

I did some adjustments in my network infrastructure and my last step is this wifi.
How I should set-up tagged, untagged ports on switch to have this situation:

When I connect Cisco AP to switch, I want him to take address and be in VLAN 17
When guest connect to AP, I want him to take address from VLAN 100
WLC Controller to be in VLAN 17

Mikrotik is in between.
VLAN 107 - Business
VLAN 17 - APs
VLAN 100 - guests

sfp1(trunk) - Is going to main router where the DHCP-s are for all three VLANS
ether8 - Cisco switch
ether7 - Business network
ether6 - Cisco WLC (or maybe should be connected to Cisco switch?)

What would be best scenario for me? Currenly Business network is working flawless, no problems, all devices are taking addresses through trunk port from main router.
Connection between Cisco switch port and Mikrotik ether8 port, what should be port on Cisco? Trunk? or Tagged in 17 and 100? Then what should be ether8 on Mikrotik? Trunk or?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment