Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Cisco IOS - How do I see cost for non-winning OSPF E1 route?

If I have an E1 route in my OSPF database that is not winning, how can I determine the cost of that route? I know how to calculate this by hand, but by checking the bandwidth of each port along the way, but is there a way to see this or calculate this from the output of show commands on IOS? I have found some pieces of the puzzle, but cannot find the whole picture:

  • show ip ospf database external 10.1.1.0 - This will show me:
    • The original metric when it was redistributed (Default 20).
    • The advertising router
    • The forward address
  • show ip ospf database router [adv-router-from-above]
    • This will show me the links on this router, finding one matching the forward address listed above will tell me the cost of the stub interface "TOS 0 Metric".

Now I'm getting somewhere, but I am still missing the cost of all of the links between the stub network and my router for the shortest path.



No comments:

Post a Comment