Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Cisco ASA issue

Hello all,

I started having issues with my ASA 5512-X yesterday. It seems to have started after i copied a HostScan image to the flash. Our monitoring software alerted that HTTPS was down on the ASA almost immediately after the file copied. It might have been a coincidence, I'm not sure. After that my ASDM session was not refreshing correctly so I closed it and tried to reconnect but I just get "Unable to launch device manager from <IP of ASA>"

The bigger issue is that now when I try to save the config I get an error stating:"The flash device is in use by another task." and I also get that error when trying to view the startup config and it also says "No Configuration"

I also get this when I browse to https://<ip of ASA>/admin:

The flash device is in use by another task.

The flash device is in use by another task.

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 20:21:40 UTC

Connection: close

Content-Type: text/html

<HEAD><TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE></HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><H1>404 Not Found</H1>The requested URL /admin/public/index.html was not found on this server. </BODY>

Everything else seems to be functioning properly. I've exhausted my online search for answers on this issue. It seems there has been only a handful of cases of this over the years. A lot of people have suggested it could be caused by other sessions viewing the configuration but using "show asp table socket" i only see my ssh session and the anyconnect clients.

I have not yet rebooted the device as I'm concerned that if it's not seeing the startup config it's not going to come back up properly. I opened a case with TAC but they have been slow so I just wanted to see if others have run into this issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment