Thursday, November 22, 2018

Cisco ASA behind Draytek Router

So, I thought I would try out an FTD image on a Cisco ASA 5506 firewall and boy oh boy... wish I never did! Everytime you make a change, you have to deploy it and that can take anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes to take place.

Anyway, it's up and running on a BT fibre with a DrayTek router in front of it doing PPPoE because Cisco have decided to disable this feature on FTD, god knows why! So now I am having to resort of having to have another router in front of it, while we are waiting for a lease line to be installed. I will then remove that router to simplify things.

On the Draytek router I see there is an option to enable LAN for natting or Routing. Should I be selecting routing so it's just the ASA that does all the natting in the mean time? I have also got AnyConnect setup and for now just redirected port 443 to the ASA.

Has anyone else had any experience with the new FTD on a Cisco 5506?



No comments:

Post a Comment