Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Advice: Job offer

Seeking some advice about an oppurtunity that has recently been offered to me. Our local electric cooperative is rolling out a fiber internet solution to its customers. The initiative is backed by government funding to provide broadband to rural areas. After the interview I'm very interested but concerned about what all is involved. I get the feeling they aren't really sure what all is involved besides running some fiber. My experience is primarily supporting a manufacturing environment with several factories , 2 data centers and multiple branch offices. I wore most of the hats (routing, switching, wireless, aci, security etc..) and would say I mastered none of them. I supposed I'm scared of what it takes to startup something like this from "scratch". The isp space is a bit of a black hole for me and bit intimidating. I also come from a Cisco shop and this wold be primarily Juniper. Any advice is welcome. An gotchas I should consider?

Tldr. Have a job offer to help start a rural fiber service and I'm scared.



No comments:

Post a Comment