Thursday, November 15, 2018

A few options for a network refresh

Hi there!

I am having a bit of a conundrum with our refresh project. I have looked into several options from Cisco to swap out our current 3750G's and am having a hard time deciding between the 2960X's or the 9300 Nexus series; we even had the Small Business Switches on the table as an option...

Essentially the requirements are quite simple; PoE for the desk phones which drop down to machines, 10G fibre between the desktop stack and the server stack (therefore stackable switches) and standardizing the models across the business as there are some odd ones here and there.

My biggest concern is the EoL on the devices as we don't get to do these hardware updates often. This years budget allows me to get all the 2960Xs to cover the whole network whereas the 9300 would need to be split between 2018/2019. I am also looking to get some professional help from the 3rd party suppliers in terms of config.

Do you guys have any recommendations or is there anything else I should consider?



No comments:

Post a Comment