Thursday, November 22, 2018

4500-X and multi-chassis EtherChannel

Hey Everyone,

Building a collapsed core network with about 6 access layer stacks and a core. I've ran through several designs, and at this time I'm considering deploying 2960-XR at the access layer with x2 4500-X in a VSS for the core.

My other deployments have typically been collapsed core with either 4500s/6500s in VSS acting as the core. I have never worked with the 4500-X.

This design requires all SM fibre between access layer and core due to the campus size. I plan to run x2 links per switch stack in LACP/Etherchannel back to the core. I have two questions;

  1. Has anyone had any issues with using multi-chassis etherchannel on 4500-X?
  2. Has anyone had any issues with ISSU on the 4500-X Business runs 24x7 so ISSU is essential.

Thanks for your help!



No comments:

Post a Comment