Tuesday, October 2, 2018

WLC/AP reachability issue on same subnet

I am working on a very small network that has a standalone ISE appliance, a WLC 2504, a 2960 switch, and 2 2800 APs. The default gateway is a FW. Everything is on the same /24 subnet. Basically a lab network. Simple, right? Apparently not.

The WLC, ISE, and FW are directly connected to the 2960. After upgrading the WLC to 8.5.150 (I think), the APs took the new image, and promptly disappeared (couldn't rejoin the WLC). Neither of the APs (previously configured with static CAPWAP IPs) can ping anything else on the subnet, and nothing can ping them. All the other devices can still ping each other.

I tried rolling back the WLC to the previous image (8.2), and that seemed to take fine, but the APs are in the same state. I took one down and consoled into it, and it refuses to take any CAPWAP command, saying "Capwap process not ready yet. Try after few moments." I have tried several solutions from Cisco forums and none have worked. A new AP from the box acts like it is only going to DHCP, saying it is waiting for an IPV4 address and uplink (to the best of my memory).

I'm at the point now of considering just factory resetting the WLC and APs, and starting from scratch. Am I doing something painfully stupid, that I should know better about, or is this just another thorn Cisco is sticking in my ass?



No comments:

Post a Comment