Friday, October 19, 2018

wifi for a B&B, switch and PoE Access points or mesh wifi?

Need connection for eight small apartments to be used as a small residence.

It's a rectangular construction (steel structure with aluminium frames for drywall and mineral wool) measuring almost 400 square meters and will be attended presumably by max 30 people with smartphones, tablets, notebooks and whatsoever.

I'll need the connection mostly for my guests, I'll provide a gigabit one; will a simple setup with 2/3 Wi-fi mesh router suit my needs or do you think that it's better to stay with a traditional setup with a PoE switch and PoE access points?

Note that I'll need to place the AP's in the central hallway. I was thinking about 2 or 3, any of those servicing a couple of suites.

Last thing, the management, for what I've understood whit the mesh should be something like set and forget, the switch should requre some thinkering, will it be "makeable"?

Any hints or thoughts about advantages or drawbacks, which technology shall I use will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fuca



No comments:

Post a Comment