Friday, October 26, 2018

Where to locate server/provider for overland internet route from London to Japan? (If possible)

Sorry the title should say overland route from Siberia/Russia to Japan (not London -- London works fine and the server is not there). Hello so we have this service that arbitrates between London and Tokyo. I was trying to put a server in the middle so I created a VPS in Novosibirsk, Russia (Siberia) (I tried servers in India and Singapore and the latency seemed very bad.) It seems to have a fast ping to London, but the Tokyo ping is very slow and the traceroute mentions the Netherlands, New York, San Jose. So it seems to be going the opposite way around the world.

I was hoping that this Transit Europe-Asia fiber link that I read about, or another similar one, would connect overland between Siberia and Japan. But at least with the provider I have tried (it is called adelinahost), this does not seem to be the case.

Is there no such route on the internet? Or if there is, how can I get a server with a provider that will allow me to do that... ideally it would just be a VPS, but if there is no other option besides some kind of co-locate or whatever then maybe we will do that, if it really is a faster route.

Thanks for any ideas or information.



No comments:

Post a Comment