Thursday, October 4, 2018

Weird VOIP issue

Hey everyone, hopefully you can help me out with this... I am at a loss for what else to troubleshoot here.

So I have two sites (HQ & Remote) which are connected using a S2S VPN connection. I am able to pass data traffic through with no issue. I can ping both sides from either side just fine. The issue is that I am not able to get voice traffic to flow at all.

HQ has a Cisco 5525 (9.1) and the Remote site is using an older 5510 (8.4). I was able to connect the VPN with no issue. At the remote site I am plugging into an older 3560 which has a DHCP scope and Option 150 setup for the phone network, which is a Cisco CUCM system.

I am able to register to the phones at the remote site, they see the CUCM servers just fine. The pull the configs, and get a DHCP address...etc.. I am also able to call any phone within the remote site and have no issues at all. When I try to dial out from the remote site to an extension at the HQ site, the call is established but I am not able to hear anything. The same goes if I try to call from HQ to the remote site. The handsets ring, the call is established... but no voice. When I/user terminate the call by putting the handset back in its cradle, the call ends with no issues either. If I call out of the remote site to my personal cell, it does the same thing. Call will establish on either end, but not able to hear the voice at all.

What am I missing here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment