Thursday, October 18, 2018

Solution to wireless problems

Good day, I have problems with the wireless infrastructure in the company I work at. They have a "wireless controller" which consists of squid, dhcpd and firewalld. As you can see, it is a "handmade" WLC and not very effective. I am not very good with wireless, but afaik it is used to unify the wireless infrastructure.

Currently, thousands of MAC flaps occur daily. I think it is because roaming isn't functioning properly or smth. We use TP-Link and Cisco access points throughout the 5 story building.

I am not really good with wireless, so any help from /r/networking would be useful. If there's an effective and easy-to-use open source WLC, please let me know. I've heard of OpenWISP and some other lesser known alternatives, but I'm not sure if they'll help solve the problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment