Thursday, October 4, 2018

SNMP monitoring of all switches in a stack setup

Hi All, I am in the process of pulling all of my networks systems and hardware into being monitored. Presently I'm leveraging Zabbix to do this monitoring. I'm pulling in my swithes and have a question that focusing using SNMP to monitor some switches (Dell Force10) that are in a stacked setup. I've enabled the main switch with this correct community string. That switch is seen by Zabbix. My issue is do I need to configure the other switches individually or since I am able to walk the main switch will that walk pull info on all of the stacked switches? If I have to manually configure all the stacked switches will there be any specific steps for this since? I'm asking that because when I ssh into one of the stacked switches I am looking at a "standby" prompt.



No comments:

Post a Comment