Friday, October 19, 2018

Shout out to @selfuryon's Python Library netdev

I just wanted to give a shout out to @selfuryon for creating a nice easy to use library that fully leverages python's async capabilities. One of the many things I like about netdev is that it is modeled off of Netmiko which is another really easy to use library for interacting with multi-vendor devices. If you are already used to using Netmiko that familiarity will be there.

I developed a script using Netmiko that I ran the other day; this took about four and a half hours. I rewrote the script leveraging netdev and it was able to do the same amount of work in three minutes eighteen seconds. So you can obviously see the benefit of utilizing asynchronous operations in your code.

I have only touched the surface of async and look forward to learning more about it and utilizing it more often.

-LongBeachHXC



No comments:

Post a Comment