Thursday, October 18, 2018

Ruckus ZoneDirector question?

Question for guys with experience with Ruckus ZD- so we’re setting one up with a bunch of APs for a client. I really haven’t touched Ruckus before and I’m at the junior level. Im in the very initial phase of set up. I see that there’s a built in guest network feature. And I’m confused if this guest network does everything itself, as in it the vlaning, dhcp, etc. because I don’t see a DHCP feature, I’m confused on how it’ll assign it an IP address if it isn’t allowed to touch the regular network traffic.

Can anyone attempt to clear this up to me? Do we still need to create vlans on the switches and a firewall interface etc? Need to set up a 2nd DHCP for this network? Or does this guest feature do it all? Trying to get by this without asking the engineers too many questions. Appreciate any answers, thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment