Friday, October 5, 2018

Resetting HP Switch Passwords

I have a network of 7 x various HP ProCurve and HPE 1920 - 24 & 48 Port switches throughout a building with static IP's set to them.  I have their IP and MAC addresses and am able to access their web interfaces.  Problem is they were all configured by a previous IT company and the information about their purchase and login information is lost.  I have found there is no reset or any kind of physical buttons or pins on the devices just an RJ45 Console port.  I read an article on HP's website referencing a call in line where you give them the MAC address and are able to get a one time use password, however HP support said they would not help me unless I knew who the authorized re-seller of these switches was.  There are VLANs configured on these switches which is why my goal is to reset the password without resetting the configuration. The way it looks I'm going to have to use PuTTY to connect via serial and run some commands however nothing I've read is certain about what the process is for simply clearing the passwords.  

Any tips are appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment