Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Replacing Nexus 7K line card with configuration?

After working with the nexus platform for some years, I just realized I never had to replace an active line card with configurations, so I hope you guys can answer my question with experience.

So we have a F3 line card with some of the interfaces allocated to another VDC that needs to be replace since the current one is having issue.

What would be the most efficient way of removing the current line card and inserting the new with minimum down time?

I want to assume the supervisor will keep the configuration for the line card, and when the new one is inserted it will just fall in line, but in the back of my mind I feel like I will need to manually copy over the configuration to the default VDC and the VDC with the allocated interfaces

Thanks guys



No comments:

Post a Comment