Friday, October 19, 2018

Network Setup Questions for 60 PC Commercial L @ N Center Gaming Network

Looking into getting someone to set up a commercial 60 pc network for gaming. I have a few questions I was asked and I don't have much experience so I thought I would ask you guys. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

-commercial location will be main use will be online gaming

-Boston Area (if important idk if isp will impact answers)

Do I want Cat5 or Cat6 lines?

What's the best way to set it up from a security perspective?

How much bandwidth up/down would you suggest?

Managed or unmanaged switches?

Is upload/download speed the same or is one more important for online gaming?

Any opensource program similar to c_c_b00t?

(I want to avoid c_c_b00t if possible so any other suggested alternatives even paid alternatives would be appreciated)



No comments:

Post a Comment