Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Netmiko to tagged vlan base on existing vlan

Hey guys, I'm trying to get my head arround it as I play along with Netmiko, I'm trying to get the following done ( I have it working with an expect script but I'm trying to get it done moving forward with netmiko)

the script would connect on the switch and do a sh run vlan on an initial existing vlan, if the vlan exist, the script would go ahead and create a new vlan (input by the user - so menu system) give it a name, and tagged it according to the first vlan that the switch would look up

I'm currently checking the github of /u/fizzyRobot ( his lldp script might be similar altough it seems a lot more complex: https://github.com/thewozza/configDescriptions_HP/blob/master/src/configDescriptions_HP.py )

any suggestion on how to do that?

thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment