Friday, October 26, 2018

Maximum cable length questions?

I wanted to make sure I have all my facts before starting this.
Task:
-I need to run approx, 130ft of cat5/6 directly to a trailer on property, which will end with a WAP(an ac cisco router I set as wap, I forget the model)

-Purpose of trailer network connection, gaming/plex streaming from house server.

Hardware:
-Current, I have an Asus RT-AC66U doing the routing in the house(starting point). -Spare, I also have a Linksys WRT1900AC on hand, I do not know which is better).
-WAP, (AC Cisco Router in pass-through)

TLDR Questions:
-Do I need some kind of outdoor grade cable? the ends will be inside/dry of course.
Majority will be going through the attic, down the house across the ground then to the trailer.
-Cat5e/6/6a? (HD Streaming/Gaming/etc) Not trying to save money, just want to be safe/comfortable.
-at 130/150ft do I need a booster or additional hardware?

Thank you for your time/help/suggestions



No comments:

Post a Comment