Sunday, October 21, 2018

LACP issue between Juniper EX2200 and Synology box. Ports turn off if switch is rebooted.

I have a Juniper EX2200 and a Synology DS418play that are configured with LACP. When I was first testing the configuration, I had issues with the two ports on the switch being down for whatever reason. The ports were both enabled on the switch and still they behaved like they were administratively down.

I tried to cycle the ports themselves and that finally brought them up. Later on, I rebooted the switch just to test that it comes back up and behaves as it should after a power loss. When the switch came back online, once again the LACP ports on the switch were off, no lights whatsoever. I had to manually disable then enable again to get them back up.

Does anyone know what is causing this behavior?

The Synology box is configured with the 802.3ad setting. (and it worked fine with a Cisco SG300 previously.)

The Juniper switch is configured as follows:

ge-0/0/4 { description SynFS1; ether-options { 802.3ad ae0; } } ge-0/0/5 { description SynFS2; ether-options { 802.3ad ae0; } ae0 { aggregated-ether-options { minimum-links 1; lacp { active; periodic fast; } } unit 0 { family ethernet-switching; } 

I am new to JunOS so I am still trying to figure some things out. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment