Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Juniper Config Recommendations - EX Series

Hi Everyone,

I am stepping over from the Cisco world to the EX series. While I am reading up on them I was wondering if anyone tips or to go configs for their setups especially for the access layer / device side ports.

My setup would be:

  • Green field deployment
  • voip phones
  • VC Chassis with the EX4300 (all QSFP interfaces to be used)
  • Multiple VC stacks in separate wiring closets.
  • multi user vlans (around 10)
  • trunk via the SFP+ modules to a spine pair (Arista) with lacp with mlag.
  • Looking to use 802.1x with NAC to authenticate network access.

Somethings I found that were quite interesting are:

  • dhcp snooping to reject rouge dhcp servers on the network
  • enabling arp inspection (DAI) to prevent spoofing
  • QSFP at the rear cannot breakout to 4x10GbE :(

Any points or tips would be appreciated. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment