Thursday, October 25, 2018

Juniper announces cross-track recertification, my biggest gripe

Juniper finally jumped on the cross recertification bandwagon. That's one of the things I really liked about Juniper, if you wanted to recertify you have to do the actual not track you certified in initially.

I don't know about the rest of you, but personally I don't like it. The whole point of a certification is to validate your skill set in routing switching, cloud, security etc. Say for example, you haven't done security in 5 years or so and only focussed on routing switching there's no value in re-certifying in security. Now it's just an excuse to say "hey look me at I'm a 4x JNCIA, CCNA" or whatever, just becomes a numbers game. I get there are engineers out there who are multi-disciplined, so getting recertified in that sense makes life a whole lot easier in terms of study time and finances.

What are you thoughts on cross recertification, do you feel it devalues certifications more?



No comments:

Post a Comment