Saturday, October 20, 2018

I hate ASA - weird route issue

I really don't care for ASA firewalls, being a diehard palo gal and having pulled out more ciscos than I count and usually end up just keeping them running until replaced at jobs.

Tonight I have a window that should be super easy, and I hit a snag before I even got to the tricky bit. sadly TAC is expired so they are no help.

my ASA had a default gateway of X.X.X.132 which pointed over to a load balancer. LB's gateway was x.x.x.129 on the same public circuit.

I am replacing the LB with another piece of equipment that needs to be configured differently, I can't use same design.

Step 1 was to change DGW of the ASA to the GW of the circuit. X.X.X.129

I did this. ASA shows 0.0.0.0/0 x.x.x.129 as route, and last resort. no routing protocols.

.129 pings. no problems.

I do a trace to public IP from the asa and I get x.x.x.132

I delete 0.0.0.0 route, re-enter, reboot. same thing.

I scour the config to see if there are ANY .132 entries. there is an object but it isn't being used.

*headscratch*

Coming up empty on google, or getting "how to setup asa with DHCP" things.

Would be most appreciative of any help. *grumble grumble palos... *



No comments:

Post a Comment