Thursday, October 18, 2018

Going nuts with a network loop issue

Hi everyone!

Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm having an network loop issue that is driving me crazy, since it's also happening while I have to help deploy a new application for my company.

It's a small office network (20 workstations, 3 ip phones), with the ISP router (locked up to all hells), unmanaged 24 port TP-Link switch (TL-SG1024), and 5 unmanaged 2 port TP link switches connected to the bigger switch, that connect to the workstations.

Around the same time every day, the cabled network crashes with what is apparently a network loop, due to the link lights blinking rapidly and at the same time. Since I can't access either the router or the switch, I've tried to unplug every cable from the switch, and plug them back one by one, to find out which one was causing the loop, and, to my surprise, after plugging them all again, waiting a 5 minutes between each cable in case the loop took a while to happen, the loop still did not happen until the next day at around the same time.
I've also checked that no cable in the network is plugged on both sides in any switch or ethernet port.

Is there anything else that I'm forgetting to check? I'll welcome any suggestions!Thank you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment