Saturday, October 27, 2018

(ESXi 6.5) Can someone please help me? I forcefully added a data-store (partition?) into my local ATA disk and now I cannot access my computer other than VMWare. I can pay $5 for any kind of solution (college student)

I'm a college student and just started getting into networking. I messed up badly while trying to forcefully create a datastore, and I did it on my local ATA Sandisk (I think my hard drive?). I'm a complete noob, and I was very dumb to do this.

Now, my partition diagram looks like 232.38 GB on VMFS and 63kb free space. I have no idea what I did

When I try to clear "Clear Partision Table" so I could get my free space back and access my actual computer again, it gives me "Failed, cannot change the host configuation" and "Failed to clear local ATA Disk"

Now, when I boot up my computer it goes directly into the VmWare and when I try to boot manually, it gives me cannot boot and restarts my computer.

Did I just throw away my computer? If anyone can help, thank you so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment