Thursday, October 18, 2018

Employer pushing to use training budget. Considering Python classes... Recommended courses or should I use the budget for other things?

My employer has a $2500 training budget that I can utilize for anything pertinent to my position. I have been doing the free version of /u/ktbyers automation course and, while it is good, I haven't been sticking with it as much as I want to for a variety of reasons (new job, moved x-country, etc etc). I know that he is doing a ~$900 course...well, evidently today. Not sure if I'd make the deadline nor what difference there is between the free and the paid training.

Are there any other python classes that this sub recommends? Outside of python, certification-wise the only way for me to go would be something in Palo Alto or on F5's. I already have my NP R/S and don't want to go for NP:Sec based on current exam state. My org is currently pretty weak on F5 experience, so it'd be cool to learn, but they're also at square 1 for automation (hardware config deployments are still notepad docs).

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment