Wednesday, October 31, 2018

EIGRP with HSRP

Hi all, I'll try not to make this too long. We have two 7706 Cisco Nexus cores running vPC and HSRP on layer 3 VLANs as well as EIGRP running throughout our environment. We have an ISR 4k connected to both cores in a layer 3 port-channel. What is happening is the router connected to the cores is choosing Core B as the best path to get to other networks via EIGRP lowest metric. However, Core-B is the standby HSRP member for most of our VLANs including the one that is the gateway for the port-channel to the router. Core-A has a higher metric in EIGRP to get to the remote networks but is active HSRP member for most members.

This is seen when I do a traceroute from the router to another network. I can see the first hop as the Core-B standby HSRP address (not the VIP). My question is... is this a problem? I think everything is routing as intended but more curious if by design I should have my EIGRP primary path and HSRP active line up together?

Thanks in advance.

David



No comments:

Post a Comment