Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Deeper information in Netflow

I’m pretty new to Netflow and have inherited an existing Netflow monitoring setup. We are running all Cisco switches with monitoring on our cores which are Cisco 4500’s to Solarwinds NTA. I was looking at the traffic trying to figure out what traffic is causing some heavy bandwidth usage at some of my sites and I noticed that a lot of traffic is coming from Amazon Web Services and that is all it lists. I have been able to conclude that it may be YouTube but can’t really take that to my supervisor who isn’t really “techy”. My question is, is there something I can change to make my Netflow data more meaningful. I know that tons of sites are cloud hosted now, so is that just how it will be with Netflow data?



No comments:

Post a Comment