Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Company planning to move from Cisco ASA 5545's with Firepower services to Cisco Firepower 2140 security appliances. Does anyone have any experience of these devices and can give me their opinion on them ?

Hi Engineers,

Next year the company I work for have plans to move from Cisco ASA's 5545 with firepower service to these Cisco Firepower service 2140's. The 2140's basically consolidate your firewall and the sourcefire into one box. At the moment we have a sourcefire physical appliance and a HA pair of firewalls which connect into that.

I have always worked with ASA's so I am very comfortable with them, however this new solution sounds like it will be mostly GUI based which I don't usually like, especially when it's Cisco. I just want to get some feedback from engineer that have deployed and managed these Firepower service devices and find out if they are any good.

Appreciate any feedback you can provide

SW



No comments:

Post a Comment