Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Cisco dhcp on vlan issue

Some months ago I set this up as a test for a client to use when ready. It worked when last tested. I went to hook up clients today and they do not received DHCP on this wired vlan. Wireless clients on the same vlan work just fine. It's possible that the access switch that they are connected to might have had its config messed with by another person, but I cant' confirm and I can't see what's wrong.

I have a particular vlan 30 that I set up for its own dhcp pool. The clients on this vlan all connect via an access switch that has this vlan configured on it. They receive dhcp from another switch that has the pool configured on it.

This is the switchport config:

interface TwoGigabitEthernet3/0/14 description *** TEST *** switchport access vlan 30 switchport voice vlan 10 trust device cisco-phone storm-control broadcast level 10.00 auto qos voip cisco-phone spanning-tree portfast spanning-tree bpduguard enable service-policy input AutoQos-4.0-CiscoPhone-Input-Policy service-policy output AutoQos-4.0-Output-Policy end 

This is the part of the config that might have been messed with, but I can't see what it's missing. The DHCP pool works as wireless clients are using it on the same vlan through a wlc 5520.

If I set a static IP, the network operates correctly.

Wireshark shows DHCP discover broadcasts sent, but there is no reply.

There is a ip helper-address set on the vlan interface on the switch that runs the dhcp server.

can anyone see what I'm missing? Can share more config if someone wants. Everything is pretty standard.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment