Friday, October 5, 2018

Best Practices for connecting Cisco ASA FW to Cisco L3 Switch

Hey Guys,

Question for you. When connecting a Cisco ASA to a Cisco L3 Switch what is the preferred method? I've seen it done two ways and I was wondering what was best practices. The first method I've seen is with a routed port on the switch connected to the FW via a /30 transit network. I've also seen where it's just a regular switch port and connected to the network on that interface.

I was curious about which method would be better or recommended. I've also read they can be connected via a trunk port from the L3 Switch to the FW, but I've never worked with Vlans on an ASA except for a 5505, so other than that I'm not familiar with what that would be used for.

Appreciate any clarification.



No comments:

Post a Comment