Friday, October 5, 2018

Anyone use Infoblox for IPAM? How do you handle loopback IP assignment?

We're working on setting up Infoblox to do discovery and handle IPAM. So far, it's working great for managing /31s and larger, but I can't get my head around how to manage loopbacks. We assign all our router loopbacks from a single /24 chunk of addresses. At first, I added individual /32 networks to the IPAM database and created a container for the /24, but Network Insight wasn't populating newly discovered "unmanaged" /32 addresses in this container, even though if I went over to the Devices tab, I saw both managed and unmanaged devices listed there by their loopbacks. What is the best practice for loopback management/assignment on Infoblox? I don't want to add them manually and have no feedback mechanism through Network Insight to make sure they're still in use.



No comments:

Post a Comment