Friday, September 7, 2018

What is change control like at your organization?

And are you happy with it?

Change control and change management have been generally pretty lax at my organization, but that's changing very quickly. Which I have no problem with - I've been asking for that for a while now. Only problem is I think management is going about it the wrong way - things aren't really defined, there's nothing accounting for emergency situations, troubleshooting, etc.

I'm hoping if I can find out what processes are used at other organizations, I can try and push upper management in the right direction. They generally seem to respect my opinion, so as long as I have something other than "your idea sucks" to present to them I feel like I can get some traction.

So what is your process for change control? What would you change about it? Is there generally an industry standard for this?

For context, my org has 10,000 employees (give or take) and manufactures all over the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment