Thursday, September 6, 2018

Web-app for simple switch configuration tasks done by helpdesk

Hi everyone,

I need a simple app with web-based GUI to simplify configuration of access switches in our company and make it available to users with no networking knowledge. I just want to make a simple configuration changes - apply port profile to selected interface on selected switch(and maybe check operational status of all interfaces).

Our environment is very monolithic cisco shop(catalysts everywhere, and maybe a few SMB switches - Cisco SG series).

I found NETCONFIG on github(and in this subreddit) which looks like it is very close to my idea (https://github.com/v1tal3/netconfig) so right now I am thinking about modifying this app for my use-case...

Do you have something similar running in your company? Or is there a better solution to this problem?



No comments:

Post a Comment