Friday, September 21, 2018

Trying to improve ping on my Mesh Network with my Xbox

Hi. So right now after running a Speedtest on my Xbox One I’m getting about 105-107 megabits DL. About 12 megabits UL but my ping is shit. I’m getting about 67-70 ms ping and I’m not very knowledgeable about networking but I know this ping is terrible. I don’t have a traditional router I have a Linksys Velop AC6600 Mesh Node System. Though I think each node is AC2200 and since there’s 3 it’s 2200x3 to give you AC6600 which is what the outside of the cardboard box says. Right now I have an Ethernet cable going from the second node into my Xbox. The cable modem is across the house (plugged into the first node) so that’s not an option to go directly into the modem.

This mesh system seems good for most my devices but I really don’t know how to open ports using the Linksys app...

Microsoft gives you specific ports that need to be opened but I’m not sure where to put these numbers. On the Linksys app under port settings there’s 3 options: 1)Single Port Forwarding, 2) Port Range Forwarding, and 3) Port Range Triggering.

I think I need to use the Single Port Forwarding option but do I put the port numbers from Xbox.com into the external port or internal port fields?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment