Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Throughput/Goodput in Node-to-Node messaging (Question)

Upon researching, from my own understanding, throughput is the "measurement of ALL data flowing through a link" and goodput is the "measurement of USEFUL data flowing through a link". Knowing this, can I apply this with something similar to text messaging?

For a general example, if I were to send a text message to my Dad, what would be the throughput and goodput in that situation?

-----

For a more specific example, I'm working on a type of mobile wireless messaging using Wi-Fi Direct on Android, if the message that I will be sending from one node to another is considered the "Data" of the throughput, does that mean that the goodput is if the message actually gets acknowledged by the destination node?
-----
Can someone kindly enlighten me, please?



No comments:

Post a Comment